Saturday, October 12, 2013

Avatarland in Animal Kingdom

This planned expansion, set to take over the location of Camp Minnie-Mickey, has been divisive since the announcement.  Although most people will agree that Animal Kingdom needs more, many believed that this was the wrong way to accomplish that feat.


I will be perfectly honest and say that I have never seen the movie Avatar.  I had no interest to see it until I heard Disney's announcement, so I figured I should see what it was about, but I still have not gotten a chance to see it.  As a result I figured that I could not make a snap judgment regarding whether or not it was a good fit for AK.

Disney has released some more information about the expansion, and I have to say that it looks pretty amazing!  According to reports, guests will be able to walk through a bio-luminescent jungle.  They will be able to experience flight on the back of a Banshee.  There is also a planned water ride.




I think the best addition is that of nighttime entertainment.  Animal Kingdom is sorely lacking in this department.  The plan is to utilize Discovery River to create an amazing new experience.



The expansion is not set to open until 2017, but after seeing and reading about the additions, I am very excited to experience them for myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment